Heidi's Happy Hounds is always looking for hardworking, dependable, and caring pet care professionals!
Do you love dogs? Do you enjoy helping others? How about getting outside and getting exercise while earning money? Join our growing pack!
All members of the Heidi's Happy Hounds team love and respect all animals. They acknowledge that they have the rare privilege of spending their days with four-legged friends in the beautiful outdoors. They're known for their positive, can-do attitudes and their commitment to going above and beyond to surprise and delight clients with exceptional customer service. We hire professional, reliable, and trustworthy life-long animal lovers. They have integrity and pride for their work, are positive and enthusiastic and are able to work and solve problems quickly and independently. Our walkers have lots of experience with dogs (of varied breeds and temperaments), either from previous work dog walkers, doggie day care attendants, fostering dogs, and working/volunteering with rescue dogs.
Some responsibilities include:
- entering clients homes to retrieve dogs and walk them in their neighbourhood
- maintaining control and ensuring safety of all dogs in your care
- keeping clients keys/door codes safe and private
- picking up dog waste and ensuring proper disposal
- visiting puppies, cleaning up accidents and reinforcing owner’s training techniques
- being aware of health status of each client and identifying any health/behaviour concerns that should be addressed
- supplying own equipment including poop bags, extra leashes, water container, treats, etc.
- taking pictures of the dogs for Heidi's Happy Hounds social media and to send to clients after walk with a short update of how the walk went
All Heidi's Happy Hounds must have:
- experience and confidence with dogs of varying sizes and temperaments
- willingness to work inconsistent hours per day (usually 2-4 hours)
- valid driver’s license and access to a pet-friendly vehicle
- valid criminal record check (or willing to obtain one)
- access to and proficiency with a smartphone, and prompt communication skills
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a team that is making a difference in dogs’ and dog owners’ lives every day, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining your prior experience with dogs, your availability, and why you think you'd be a good candidate.
Thank you for your interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Heidi's Happy Hounds
Helping your hounds stay happy and healthy!